Intro to Open Water
Presented by Swim Coach Suzie Dods
This half day clinic is designed to help the new or experienced triathlete become more comfortable with swimming in open water. Many women avoid the wonderful sport of triathlon because they’re afraid to swim in open water. This clinic starts with the basics in a supportive, safe, and non- intimidating small group setting.
Here’s what will be covered in the session;
- How to prepare before, and how to take care after an open water swim
- Swimming straight and sighting
- Swimming safely
- Hypothermia and preparedness
- Discussion of our ‘aquatic friends’
- Tips and drills for training in open water
Prerequisite: Open to all experience levels, but must be able to swim 100yds continuously. For those not accustomed to swimming in cold water, wetsuits are strongly recommended.
Fee: $90 (by check, payable to “Flower Power Sports”)*
*No refunds for cancellations less than 48 hours in advance